Plumbing problems are inconvenient and can result in expensive water damage to your home. At Texas Plumbing Repair 24/7, we offer several excellent commercial and residential plumbing services in Fort Worth, including drain cleaning.
Top-Notch Fort Worth Drain Cleaning Services
Clogged drains are an everyday part of home ownership. There is a wide variety of things can clog a drain. Generally, these are easy fixes. However, sometimes a sink that drains slowly may be a sign of issues beyond just a simple clog. Our certified Fort Worth drain cleaning technicians can assess your problem and determine the appropriate plan of action.
The most common clogs our drain cleaning pros encounter include:
- Kitchen Drains: Anything can go down a kitchen drain—chunks of food, fat, oil, grease and even shards of glass or other materials. If you notice water slowly draining down your kitchen sink, we can help unclog it.
- Bathroom Drains: Clogged bathtub and bathroom sink drains can develop from hair, soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, and other bathroom products. Although it may not seem like a problem at first, residue in your pipes can lead to serious damage to your drains and expensive plumbing issues.
- Utility Room Drains: Any room equipped with appliances for washing or other domestic work can quickly clog up if not taken care of. Don’t let dirt and debris cause a flood in your home.
- Sewer Lines: Our Forth Worth drain cleaning team can use advanced technology to run a camera through your line and determine what is causing the sewer line blockage.
FAQs: What is the Best Drain Cleaner?
In a word: None.
Drain cleaners are a tempting solution when you have a slow or clogged drain, but they can actually do more harm than good. Here are three reasons why you should never use drain cleaner in your drains:
1. They will probably just eat a hole through the clog, which will reform before you know it.
2. They can also splash back up on you, causing skin and eye irritation.
3. If used too often, drain cleaners can actually eat away at your pipes, making them more likely to spring a leak.
There are much better ways to clear a slow or clogged drain. First, try using a sink plunger, which is different from a toilet plunger in that it’s all one small cup at the base. If that doesn't work, it’s time to call in a plumber.
1. Throw out the following food items in the trash - Coffee grounds, pasta, egg shells and rice can all do damage to your garbage disposal and pipes so they're best disposed of in the trash can.
2. Put a hair-stopper on your shower drain - Hair in the shower drain gets our Fort Worth drain cleaning experts called into residences more than anything. Hair-stoppers are cheap, easy to install, and beneficial to your pocketbook and your pipes as well.
3. Throw out cooking oils and grease in the trash - These sticky substances cause all sorts of havoc when they stick to the inside of your pipes and catch passing by foods. What you can do instead of washing them down your drain is put them in a used milk carton to dispose of safely.
4. Add a lint-catcher to your washing machine's water line - While our washing machines do a great job of clearing all of the dirt and debris off of our clothes, the drain line responsible for clearing the washing machine often gets backed up and clogged over time.
No clogged drain is too much for us. Our skilled team is available around the clock to answer all your questions and handle all your concerns about drain cleaning in Fort Worth. Call Texas Plumbing Repair 24/7 today and we can restore your pipes back to normal.